[openstack-dev] [glance] Bug days next week

Nikhil Komawar nik.komawar at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 19:54:41 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I would like to propose bug days for Glance next week Tuesday 13th
September and Wednesday 14th September (during your work hours / in your
time zone).

We've a plenty of bugs to address [1, 2, 3] and looks like the the right
time in the cycle when we would get a good benefit of these bug days. I
would encourage people to focus on Glance server bugs rather than client
and store bugs during these days. Nevertheless, you are free to choose
what best suits your needs.

RC1 is supposed to be targeted on Thursday Sept 15th and it would be a
good time to triage some critical bugs for the same.

Additionally, this is an excellent opportunity to all those who are
looking to get involved, become a glance-core or just make some more
contributions to Glance.

If you happen to fix an important bug and think that we need to include
it as a part of a Glance RC release, please drop me a note on IRC and
wait for my update. Either I will propose a topic change to
"newton-rc-potential" indicating that it has been considered strongly to
be a part of the release or I may leave a comment indicating why we
haven't considered so. Please do NOT make the topic to
"newton-rc-potential" yourself as it will be used while coordinating the
release work and unexpected reviews under that topic will delay or
disrupt the release process.

If you do not have time to propose a review and have found a bug that
could be a good candidate for Newton RC, then please "tag" that bug in
launchpad to have the tag named "newton-rc-potential" (this tag has been
added to official tags list). The bug team or the Glance core team will
then consider proposing fixes for these bugs.

We will use etherpad to collaboratively add notes and updates for this
event here [4]. Please see my official entry for this event at [5].

As always, feel free to reach out for questions and comments.

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/glance/

[2] https://bugs.launchpad.net/glance-store

[3] https://bugs.launchpad.net/python-glanceclient/

[4] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/newton-glance-sept-bug-days