[openstack-dev] [kolla] Need clarify about baremetal host group and role in Ansible

Mooney, Sean K sean.k.mooney at intel.com
Wed Sep 7 13:40:09 UTC 2016

[Mooney, Sean K] in the all in one config the host is also the build host for the docker images.
I have not written the code to deploy the build host yet hence why its treated differently currently.
> - Do you treat every nodes as baremetal node?
[Mooney, Sean K] yes the baremetal group define all nodes that should be
Prepared for use in hosting kolla services so it should include all nodes in the cloud.
Baremetal in this context has noting to do with ironic or biforst but rather the kolla host playbook.
I will be sending a separate mail later today dissucssing if we should change the name of the role and
Group for more clarity but itially the kolla-host playbook was being called the baremetal playbook to indicate
That it made changes to the host unlike the other kolla playbooks that do not.