[openstack-dev] [requirements][FFE] global-requirements update to positional to 1.1.1

Matthew Thode prometheanfire at gentoo.org
Wed Sep 7 13:10:45 UTC 2016

https://review.openstack.org/366631

The combination of oslo.context 2.9.0 + positional 1.0.1 (which is the
current minimum requirement) results in various unit test failures in
barbican, related to parsing of request headers in generated contexts
for unit testing.  Updating to 1.1.1 resolves this issue.

This is specifically affecting barbican and RDO testing (from discussion
and the review).

The reason I think an FFE is needed is because downstream packagers,
while encouraged to package based on upper-constraints sometimes don't.
Meaning they'd miss something like this.

Arguments against are that this will have knock on effects down the line
(will require re-releases and re-re-releases because of updating things
like keystone (this is deep in the depgraph)), so is bad from a release
team work point of view.  Also, I think this just effects testing, so
the impact of this is more minor than something more serious (not JUST
breaking testing).

--
-- Matthew Thode (prometheanfire)