[openstack-dev] [nova] Bug team meeting

Sylvain Bauza sbauza at redhat.com
Wed Sep 7 10:19:12 UTC 2016

Le 07/09/2016 10:50, Kashyap Chamarthy a écrit :
> On Tue, Sep 06, 2016 at 03:41:04PM -0700, Augustina Ragwitz wrote:
>> I should add that I also expressed interest in taking over the Bug Czar
>> role. I've been actively involved with the bugs team since Markus
>> revived it earlier this year. I've run meetings when he was unavailable
>> and also provided assistance to new folks. How is it normally handled if
>> more than one person is interested in taking on a subteam "czar" type of
>> role? Should we co-czar?
> While not speaking for Timofey, IMHO, sharing the role by two people in
> different timezones is always useful in spreading the workload.

I don't think the problem is about who'd run for being a bugs team
liaison (TBH, I prefer that word instead of "czar"), but rather how we
could, as a team, make sure that in that particular timeframe called
Release Candidate Period, we make sure we don't ship regressions in our
next release.

Skipping a meeting while we're right on RC1 is terrible IMHO but that's
life. If people can at least look at triaging bugs to make sure we don't
miss anything, then it'd be far better than just trying to discuss a lot
about who could be the liaison.

-Sylvain