[openstack-dev] [third-party] [puppet] puppet-jenkins doesn't allow to pin version

Evgeny Antyshev eantyshev at virtuozzo.com
Tue Sep 6 09:22:18 UTC 2016

Hello!

Last time I created Third-Party CI in new environment, I faced
difficulties installing Jenkins by puppet-jenkins:

1) It really doesn't allow to pin Jenkins version, due to bug (or lack
of functionality) in Jenkins infrastructure:
https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/INFRA-92

Therefore, the change at https://review.openstack.org/354086 don't
actually work.

There are 2 options to workaround this: install Jenkins package from
*.deb by given link, which involves some possible issues with
dependancies. Or to make it without Jenkins, using Zuul launcher in
3rd-party environment, has anybody tried that?

2) 3rd-party CI also needs https://review.openstack.org/334400 (to
disable security policy preventing custom build parameters). But this
solution won't be accepted, and there's no other yet.

Does anyone have opinion on this?

Thanks in advance!