[openstack-dev] [all] First Project Teams Gathering - Atlanta Feb 20-24, 2017

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Tue Sep 6 09:06:17 UTC 2016

Hi everyone,

As you probably know, the OpenStack Foundation staff has been busy over
the past year reorganizing how our events are laid out. Starting in
2017, the "Design Summit" part of the OpenStack Summit will be
refactored into two separate events: a general "Forum" for
community-wide discussions at the Summit (starting in Boston in May,
2017), and a separate event for upstream project teams (horizontal and
vertical) to get together, called the Project Teams Gathering.

The first Project Teams Gathering will be held in Atlanta, Feb 20-24,
2017. Mark the date ! In an effort to encourage people to engage beyond
their base team, the current plan is to provide space for horizontal
teams and cross-project efforts on Monday-Tuesday, while vertical teams
would get space to meet on Wednesday-Friday. We'll reach out to the
newly-elected PTLs so that they can tell us if they would like to have a
meeting room at the Atlanta PTG for their team to gather in, then we
should be able to open registration in October.

For more information on the event, why we changed things and who should
plan to go there, please see the event page at:

http://www.openstack.org/ptg

Feel free to reach out to me if you have questions. You can also read
the FAQ at:

http://www.openstack.org/ptg/ptgfaq/

As a result of this, Barcelona will be our last old-style Design Summit.
Ocata will be a slightly-shorter development cycle, with Pike
development starting with the PTG in February. The proposed Ocata
release schedule reflects that: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/357214/

Regards,

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)