[openstack-dev] [Fuel] Common fuel-core group for all Fuel projects

Alexey Stepanov astepanov at mirantis.com
Mon Sep 5 16:22:20 UTC 2016

-1
This is seriously dangerous idea: core-reviewer in fuel-qa does not mean
exact skills for +2/W on fuel-octane, for example. Sometimes, because of
limited time, reviewer will press +W without understanding patch detail. In
repo, which he knows, he can fix issue later by itself, but only of he
really knows what he doing.

пн, 5 сент. 2016 г., 19:14 Maksim Malchuk <mmalchuk at mirantis.com>:

> -1
> My vision - we should have something like super-core group with a smaller
> number of the current core guys.
> This is because a lot of current core guys were switched to the other
> projects and already out of the scope.
> Such guys still can be cores in their former projects and can help
> sometimes, but only several guys can drive the Fuel.
>
> P.S. we always can nominate new cores to the specific project individually
> if you don't like the super-core group idea.
>
> On Mon, Sep 5, 2016 at 6:39 PM, Andrew Maksimov <amaksimov at mirantis.com>
> wrote:
>
>> +1
>> This is a good proposal, I also think we should have single fuel-core
>> group for all repos. In real life core reviewers won't set +2 or merge to
>> repos with which they are not familiar with.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Andrey Maximov
>>
>> On Mon, Sep 5, 2016 at 2:11 PM, Vladimir Kozhukalov <
>> vkozhukalov at mirantis.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Dear colleagues,
>>>
>>> I'd like to suggest to use common fuel-core group for all Fuel projects
>>> instead of having separate independent 'by-project' core groups like
>>> 'fuel-astute-core' or 'fuel-agent-core'.
>>>
>>> Pros:
>>> 1) It will be easier to access core members (timezone and holiday
>>> tolerance)