[openstack-dev] [openstack][neutron][stable/mitaka] Regarding lb_method required for creating pools

Ihar Hrachyshka ihrachys at redhat.com
Mon Sep 5 08:50:50 UTC 2016

reedip banerjee <reedip14 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi There,
> The bug https://bugs.launchpad.net/heat/+bug/1616094 was created for
> Stable/Mitaka stating that lb_method is required for creating a pool.
> I just wanted to know, if it is possible to have a patch propagated to
> stable/mitaka for fixing this ?

In general, yes, assuming the fix conforms the stable branch requirements
as described in:
http://docs.openstack.org/project-team-guide/stable-branches.html#appropriate-fixes

Though note that the bug is not fixed in master yet, and we don’t allow
backports of patches that are not yet merged. So you should work on landing
the fix in master first before considering the backport for Mitaka.

I hope it helps,
Ihar