[openstack-dev] [oslo] [telemetry] Oslo.db 4.13.1 broke Gnocchi

Tony Breeds tony at bakeyournoodle.com
Mon Sep 5 05:11:13 UTC 2016

On Fri, Sep 02, 2016 at 12:29:04PM -0400, Mike Bayer wrote:
> is the failure here something that comes up in gnocchi's test suite?
>
> Could there be some way that oslo libraries run the test suites of all
> consuming projects before a patch and/or a release?  (apologies if we
> already do this).

There are a couple of ways to do this.

Build an integration style job or enhance the cross-project gateing stuff we
use in requirements.  Either is doable the challenge will be deciding which
projects to use/balancing gate resources.

If you look at the repos managed my the requirements team[1] there are 40
users of oslo.db[2].  If you look at all the repos listed in [3] That number grows
to 66.  Clearly gating on all of them isn't viable.

Ther are lots of ways to do this better, especially in a one of in-formal
fashion.  I wonder if it's worth trting to define a really easy way for
everyone.

Tony.
[1] http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/requirements/tree/projects.txt
[2] This list doen't include gnocchi