[openstack-dev] [devstack] on stud replacement for tls-proxy option on Ubuntu Xenial

Masanori Itoh masanori.itoh at gmail.com
Sat Sep 3 04:30:13 UTC 2016

Hello Clark,

Thanks!

I also had a look at the fix.

It eliminates 'stud' usage and replace it by apache2/mod_ssl, right?

But, there are use cases like:
  - use apache2/mod_wsgi for better performance
  and
  - have an out-of-the-box SSL terminator (box)

Also, we have 'USE_TLS' option enabling to terminate SSL by apache2/mod_ssl.

So, I think it's better to leave 'tls-proxy' using a non-apache SSL
terminater like 'stud' or 'hitch'
as an option for the use case above.
My fix is like that.

What do you think about?