[openstack-dev] [requirements] upcoming freeze (was Re: [release] Release countdown for week R-5, 29 Aug - 2 Sept)

Tony Breeds tony at bakeyournoodle.com
Fri Sep 2 23:28:39 UTC 2016

On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 12:48:42PM +1000, Tony Breeds wrote:

> Along with this being the Final release for client libraries freeze its also
> the requirements freeze.
>
> That means that on Thursday Sept 1st (UTC) we'll add a procedural -2 to all
> open changes in the master branch of openstack/requirements.
>
> We've already started looking very hard at reviews that alter
> global-requirements for large knock on effects.
>
> Of course there is an exception process for things at absolutely *must* land in
> newton.

For the record openstack/requirements is in feature freeze.  We granted a few
exceptions which can bee seen here[1].  When we add a procedural -2 we include
details on how to get an exception for things that must land in newton.

Yours Tony.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/q/starredby:tonyb+status:open+project:openstack/requirements+branch:master