[openstack-dev] [nova] Next steps for resource providers work

Chris Dent cdent+os at anticdent.org
Fri Sep 2 11:17:13 UTC 2016

For anyone interested in exercising the allocations stuff that Dan
added yesterday I wrote a little script that combines devstack and
gabbi to do a simple confirm of allocations being updated:

     https://github.com/cdent/placement-exercise

The code that does all this is merged in master of nova and devstack,
so no branch bits required. The only extras are this script and gabbi.

Nothing that we didn't already is revealed by it but it is
comforting to see it in action (gabbi run gives nice green tickmarks
when tests pass!).

Tempest will also exercise the allocation code, as it creates and
manipulates servers, but there the main source of visibility is
watching the logs.

We know:

* It pretty much does what we intend it to do: allocations are added
   and deleted on server create and delete.
* On manipulations like a resize the allocations are not updated
   immediately, there is a delay until the heal periodic job does its
   thing.

--
Chris Dent               ┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)        https://anticdent.org/