[openstack-dev] [release][diskimage-builder] v2 branch request

Ian Wienand iwienand at redhat.com
Fri Sep 2 03:36:46 UTC 2016

Hi,

diskimage-builder would like to request a feature/v2 branch.

We have a backlog of changes that we would like to give more extensive
testing together before we merge to master [1].

We've discussed this in our meeting, and we feel like
series-independent releases in general work well for us, given we
often have to react quickly to changes outside our control such as
upstream packaging issues or breakages.  After a 2.0 release we'll
consider what's working, what's not and what is still in the pipe-line
and consider our model.

Thanks,

-i

[1] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/dib2.0