[openstack-dev] [Congress] Enabling Remote Debugging

Eric K ekcs.openstack at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 01:10:31 UTC 2016

Hi Aimee,

Thanks for digging into it!

Here¹s my understanding of our conventions (and I¹m happy to hear from
others).

a. If you think it¹s just a straightforward change with zero to minimal
impact on architecture, users, and devs, then it makes sense to file a bug
or just submit a patch.
b. If you think it warrants deeper discussion in terms of design, impact,
etc., then the process is to create a spec and associated blueprint. See
this wiki for more details:
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Blueprints#Spec_.2B_Blueprints_lifecycle

In case (b), the change should target the O-cycle because we¹re past
feature-freeze in N.
In case (a), it may make sense to get it in during the N-cycle if it has
minimal impact and will help us in the N-cycle QA process.

My guess is we¹re in case (a) because we can make sure changes have no
impact without a special flag. But I¹d also like to understand a little
better the impact of eventlet.monkey_patch(thread=False) as done in the
Keystone patch (https://review.openstack.org/#/c/18404/3/bin/keystone-all).

Enjoy the time holidays!