[openstack-dev] [Tacker] Abstract interface for VNFC

bharath thiruveedula bharath_ves at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 1 17:55:35 UTC 2016

Hi Tackers,
As per this week meeting logs, regarding VNFC BP, I came to know that we need to add abstract interface which is invoked  by infra_driver. But as we decided to go with SoftwareDeployment option  in this cycle, most of the heat template changes are done by heat translator [1]. I couldn't understand the exact usage of VNFC abstract interface in this case. I think we have two options if we want to have abstract interface with SoftwareDeployment option.
1)Remove the VNFC part from tosca and give the rest as input to heat-translator and create the heat stack. In the "SoftwareDeployment" driver which implements the abstract interface we can add the corresponding heat resources for VNFC to the heat template and update the stack.
2)Just add the abstract interface as a place holder in this cycle. And implement it in the further cycles(which may not sounds good)
Let me know your suggestion.
[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/358321/

RegardsBharath T