[openstack-dev] [Glance] Gerrit is blocking the workflow with -2 for reason

Brian Rosmaita brian.rosmaita at RACKSPACE.COM
Thu Sep 1 14:26:29 UTC 2016

On 9/1/16, 7:31 AM, "Flavio Percoco" <flavio at redhat.com> wrote:

>On 01/09/16 08:50 +0100, Erno Kuvaja wrote:
>>Hi all,
>>
>>As it seems by the "Improving help text for *" string of patches like
>>[0][1] that the Glance core group is willing to get around -2s by
>>abandoning, reproposing and merging just because not all of us are
>>around in US office hours, I'd like to propose that we would just
>>remove the -2 right from glance-core group all together. The issues
>>leading to the -2s were flagged ages ago and got chased just over past
>>couple of days with huge urgency that didn't seem to be there earlier.
>>
>>If this is ok just to get around my reviews, feel free to remove me
>>from Glance core to avoid such inconveniences in the future.

Erno, you are an important and valued member of the Glance core team.
Please accept my apologies for making it look like we were ignoring your
concerns.  On the contrary, we took them very seriously, and made sure
that they were addressed.  I agree with Flavio that we should take this as
a learning opportunity and figure out a better way to handle such
situations in the future.

--

rosmaita