[openstack-dev] [Glance] Gerrit is blocking the workflow with -2 for reason

Ian Cordasco sigmavirus24 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 11:16:07 UTC 2016

-----Original Message-----
From: Erno Kuvaja <ekuvaja at redhat.com>
Reply: OpenStack Development Mailing List (not for usage questions)
<openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org>
Date: September 1, 2016 at 02:51:42
<openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org>
Subject:  [openstack-dev] [Glance] Gerrit is blocking the workflow
with -2 for reason

> Hi all,
>
> As it seems by the "Improving help text for *" string of patches like
> [0][1] that the Glance core group is willing to get around -2s by
> abandoning, reproposing and merging just because not all of us are
> around in US office hours, I'd like to propose that we would just
> remove the -2 right from glance-core group all together. The issues
> leading to the -2s were flagged ages ago and got chased just over past
> couple of days with huge urgency that didn't seem to be there earlier.
>
> If this is ok just to get around my reviews, feel free to remove me
> from Glance core to avoid such inconveniences in the future.

Let's take a step back and start by assuming those involved have
better intentions than simply wanting to side-step a disagreement.

Based on the discussion of both patches, it looks like your concerns
about formatting were addressed in oslo.config and that you hadn't
updated your vote. Were your concerns not addressed? If not, this
looks like a misunderstanding and something that can be fixed without
the melodramatic act of removing you from glance-core.

As for modifying the labels glance-core can provide, -2 is worthwhile
to keep if and only if the cores that vote that way are also going to
keep track of the patch and continue to comment on the review. -2's
can't be a fire-and-forget item. Each of us likely needs a way to not
lose track of these (e.g., via review dashboard, periodic calendar
event, or whatever).

--
Ian Cordasco