[openstack-dev] [tripleo] FFE request for Ceph RGW integration

Giulio Fidente gfidente at redhat.com
Thu Sep 1 07:48:26 UTC 2016

On 09/01/2016 02:11 AM, Giulio Fidente wrote:
> On 08/30/2016 10:50 PM, Steven Hardy wrote:
>> On Tue, Aug 30, 2016 at 03:25:30PM -0400, Emilien Macchi wrote:
>>> Here's my 2 cents:
>>>
>>> The patch in puppet-ceph has been here for long time now and it still
>>> doesn't work (recent update of today, puppet-ceph is not idempotent
>>> when deploying RGW service. It must be fixed in order to get
>>> successful deployment).
>>> Puppet CI is still not gating on Ceph RGW (scenario004 still in
>>> progress and really low progress to make it working recently).
>>
>> This does sound concerning, Giulio, can you provide any feedback on work
>> in-progress or planned to improve this?
>
> we invested quite some time today testing and updating the patches as
> needed
>
> I've a got a successful deployment where by just adding the Member role
> to my user I could use the regular swiftclient to operate against RadosGW

fwiw, we just amended one of the patches to remove the need for the
users to have the 'Member' role set

which means that with its latest version it is possible to deploy
radosgw as a drop-in replacement for swift and use with swiftclient
without any additional step, by using the ceph-radosgw.yaml enironment
at deployment time

unfortunately CI is having some unrelated issues so it's hard to get all
patches to pass but I would encourage people to review and test this as
I think it is in good shape
--
Giulio Fidente
GPG KEY: 08D733BA | IRC: gfidente