[openstack-dev] [nova] [searchlight] Discrepancies between nova server notifications and API response

Matt Riedemann mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Mon Oct 31 13:00:37 UTC 2016

On 10/28/2016 4:32 PM, McLellan, Steven wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was unfortunately unable to make the summit but I'm told there were
> some good discussions around possible integration with searchlight to
> help some scaling cases with nova cells. One issue we've had with
> Searchlight is differences between the notifications and API
> representation of server state, and Travis asked me to file some bug
> reports against Nova to get a conversation started. I've filed four bugs
> at https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bugs?field.tag=searchlight (the
> reason for separating them is that some may not be
> straightforward/possible) to that end. I am out next week, but it would
> be great to get some time at one of the nova weekly meetings the
> following weeks to discuss it further.
>
> Thanks, and safe travels for those returning home from the summit,
>
> Steve

Thanks, I'll start going through these. Some of them might be covered by
specs that are being worked in Ocata.

Also note that others that are for resources which get proxied from
nova, like security groups in this bug:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1637635

Won't be fixed because nova is deprecating the APIs to perform CRUD
operations on proxy resources, like network resources. You'd get that
information from Neutron.

Matt Riedemann