[openstack-dev] [infra][telemetry] bindep and external packages?

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Fri Oct 28 19:16:15 UTC 2016

On 2016-10-28 15:55:28 +0200 (+0200), Julien Danjou wrote:
> In order to run functional test, we'd need to install a .deb file that
> is not provided by main repositories configured on infra. I don't think
> bindep supports that.
>
> So… would it be acceptable to add that support?
> Or is there any alternative we miss?

This is something we discussed just a couple days ago in a QA
session about a DevStack plug-in Tony wrote for a similar purpose. I
think in the near term he was going to look into options for
extending bindep or adding a complimentary tool for this purpose
(quite probably the latter, since bindep itself doesn't install
anything for you and only tells you what packages you're currently
lacking).
--
Jeremy Stanley