[openstack-dev] [keystone][nova][neutron][all] Rolling upgrades: database triggers and oslo.versionedobjects

Bashmakov, Alexander alexander.bashmakov at intel.com
Thu Oct 27 17:24:56 UTC 2016

Hi Jay,

Thanks for the explanation. While I agree that there is a distinction between a distributed architecture like Nova and a centralized one like Glance, I would respectfully disagree with the statement that Glance cannot participate in rolling upgrades in a very similar fashion. We are currently working on a rolling upgrade POC in Glance (https://review.openstack.org/331740/). To date, we've successfully been able to run through a simple scenario with two Glance nodes running Newton and Ocata code base respectively. The latter introduces schema changes which are reconciled in the DB via a two-way trigger.

Regards,
Alex