[openstack-dev] [Horizon] Rework Access & Security panel

Adrian Turjak adriant at catalyst.net.nz
Thu Oct 27 02:11:18 UTC 2016

Hello OpenstackDevs,

In our deployment we keep running into a problem where customers forget
about the existence of floating ips once disassociated from an instance,
and when they then need to release them they often can't find where
because expecting them to be in 'Access & Security' is odd.

Why don't we move Floating ips out to their own panel either at the
compute or network layer on the dashboard so they are easy to find. They
are their own resource and having them in a shared panel like Access &
Security seems usual and rather confusing UX. All the remaining
resources in Access & Security make sense, but floating ips really
shouldn't be there.

If there aren't any arguments against it, I can put together a
blueprint/patch for this myself, but would like to know people are happy
with the change.

Any alternate ideas? Vehement opposition to the change?

Cheers,
Adrian Turjak