[openstack-dev] [QA][Tempest] Check puppet jobs on the gate

Alex Schultz aschultz at redhat.com
Fri Oct 21 22:12:19 UTC 2016

On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 4:02 PM, Ken'ichi Ohmichi <ken1ohmichi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi QA team,
>
> There are three gate jobs related to puppet jobs (like
> gate-puppet-openstack-integration-4-scenario001-tempest-centos-7-nv)
> and they are marked as non-voting now.
> If finding these jobs failures during Tempest patch reviews even but
> jenkins +1, please notify the failures to the following guys on
> #openstack-qa channel if possible.
>
>   EmilienM
>   mwhahaha
>   dmsimard
>
> It is fine to just notify that without any investigations.
> Some projects are still using Tempest internal code without using
> stable Tempest library code(aka tempest.lib) and the internal change
> of Tempest can affect these projects' gates.
> The puppet jobs can detect such effect before merging, and the above
> guys will help the quality improvement in such cases.

Not sure if we'll help in actually fixing it but we can definitely
assist in validating if the failures are an actual issue and bugs need
to be fixed in the other projects.  In the cases where the puppet jobs
are red, please wait for a +1 from one of us before merging as it can
immediately break all of the puppet gates, possibly other project
gates, and other promotion processes within the OpenStack world.

Thanks,
-Alex