[openstack-dev] [DefCore][Interop] Fall 2016 OpenStack Interoperability Issues Report

Egle Sigler egle.sigler at rackspace.com
Fri Oct 21 16:52:27 UTC 2016

Hello Everyone,

The DefCore Committee has been working to provide a periodic report on a
tractable, small number of major barriers we have uncovered during the
course of work to the community that we wish to focus
attention on.  The report is intended to be constructive rather than
critical, and assist the community in recognizing barriers to
interoperability so that they can be addressed.

The full report is available here:
https://github.com/openstack/defcore/blob/master/doc/source/periodic_report
s/fall_2016.rst

Our first report covers the following issues:
* Issue 1: Testing Interoperability
https://github.com/openstack/defcore/blob/master/doc/source/periodic_report
s/fall_2016.rst#issue-1-testing-interoperability
* Issue 2: Varying Models for API Evolution
https://github.com/openstack/defcore/blob/master/doc/source/periodic_report
s/fall_2016.rst#issue-2-varying-models-for-api-evolution
* Issue 3: External Network Connectivity
https://github.com/openstack/defcore/blob/master/doc/source/periodic_report
s/fall_2016.rst#issue-3-external-network-connectivity
* Issue 4: API and Policy Discoverability
https://github.com/openstack/defcore/blob/master/doc/source/periodic_report
s/fall_2016.rst#issue-4-api-and-policy-discoverability
* Issue 5: Lack of Clarity on DefCore's Purpose and Abilities
https://github.com/openstack/defcore/blob/master/doc/source/periodic_report
s/fall_2016.rst#issue-5-lack-of-clarity-on-defcore-s-purpose-and-abilities

Please let us know if you have any questions about the report.

If you are attending OpenStack Summit in Barcelona, please join us for
DefCore and RefStack sessions:

* Interop (DefCore) Working Group Work Session: Tuesday, October 25,
2:15pm-2:55pm, AC Hotel - P14 - Pedralbes,
https://www.openstack.org/summit/barcelona-2016/summit-schedule/events/1679
8
* OpenStack Interoperability Challenge: Running Unmodified Apps in Any
OpenStack Cloud, Wednesday, October 26, 9:25am-9:35am, Keynote stage,
https://www.openstack.org/summit/barcelona-2016/summit-schedule/events/1736
2
* RefStack Work Sessions  Wednesday, Octover 26, 5:05 - 5:45 pm, 5:55 -
6:35 pm,  AC Hotel - P3 - Gràcia ,
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/refstack-ocata-summit
* Interop? You Keep Using That Word, I Do Not Think It Means What You
Think It Means. Thursday, October 27, 9:50am-10:30am, CCIB - Centre de
Convencions Internacional de Barcelona - P1 - Room 117,
https://www.openstack.org/summit/barcelona-2016/summit-schedule/events/1633
9
* Beyond Refstack: The Interop Challenge. Thursday, October 27,
11:00am-11:40am, Hilton Diagonal Mar - P0 - Ballroom A.
https://www.openstack.org/summit/barcelona-2016/summit-schedule/events/1641
2
* Heat: Work Session (DefCore related) Friday, October 28,
11:00am-11:40am, AC Hotel - P3 - Gràcia,
https://www.openstack.org/summit/barcelona-2016/summit-schedule/events/1706
3

Thank you,
Egle Sigler