[openstack-dev] 答复: Re: [vitrage][aodh] about aodh notifier to create a event alarm

dong.wenjuan at zte.com.cn dong.wenjuan at zte.com.cn
Thu Oct 20 01:19:13 UTC 2016

Hi Gordon Chung,

Could you please tell me why adding another notification topic is not a
good choice? Thanks~

BR,
dwj

"Afek, Ifat (Nokia - IL)" <ifat.afek at nokia.com>
2016-10-19 16:20
请答复 给
"OpenStack Development Mailing List \(not for usage questions\)"
<openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org>

收件人
"OpenStack Development Mailing List (not for usage questions)"
<openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org>, "gord at live.ca" <gord at live.ca>
抄送

主题
Re: [openstack-dev] [vitrage][aodh] about aodh notifier to create a event
alarm

From: "dong.wenjuan at zte.com.cn"
Date: Wednesday, 19 October 2016 at 11:01

The BP of aodh-message-bus-notifications[1] was blocked as Aodh message
bus notification.
As the discuession of Vitrage and Aodh in etherpad[2], only the Aodh
alarm_deletion notification is missing.
I proposed a patch to add the Aodh alarm_deletion notification.[3]
Please help me to review this patch.
Do the alarm.creation, alarm.state_transition and alarm.deletion satisfy
the Vitrage requirement?
I'd like to help to implement the aodh-message-bus-notifications BP if
there is nobody interest in it.

This is more complex. Aodh has a mechanism for registering a URL to be
notified when the state of a specific alarm is changed.
Vitrage asked for something else - a notification whenever *any* alarm
state is changed. In Vitrage we don’t want to register to each and every
Aodh alarm separately, so we prefer to get the notifications for all
changes on the message bus (as we do with other OpenStack projects). In
addition, there is currently no notification about a newly created alarm,
so even if we register a URL on each alarm we will not be able to register
it on the new alarms.

[dwj]:  If i understand correctly, Aodh already support a notification
whenever *any* alarm state is changed.
              See
https://github.com/openstack/aodh/blob/master/aodh/evaluator/__init__.py#L107
.
      We only need to config the vitrage_notifications topics in Aodh then
Vitrage can get the notifications from Aodh.
      Let me know if i miss something.

A few months ago I discussed it with Gordon Chung, and understood that he
blocked the option to add another notification topic.
Gordon?