[openstack-dev] [requirements][lbaas] gunicorn to g-r

Chris Dent cdent+os at anticdent.org
Tue Oct 18 16:44:19 UTC 2016

On Tue, 18 Oct 2016, Matthew Thode wrote:

> On 10/18/2016 11:25 AM, Adam Harwell wrote:
>> We really don't want bindep IMO -- it's much safer to use the
>> non-packaged version from pypi for our purposes, since we may not be
>> running on a system that packages things like this. Again, our use case
>> may be strange though, as we're really using the python module and not
>> the binaries.
>>
>> --Adam
>
> Is there a reason you are not using pecan?

There seems to be some confusion here. pecan is a WSGI application
framework (that uses object dispatch as its conceptual model).
gunicorn is a WSGI server.

One could, if one wanted, hosted a pecan based application with
gunicorn. Or uwsgi. Or apache+mod_wsgi. Or nginx+uwsgi. Or a bunch
of other stuff.

--
Chris Dent               ┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)        https://anticdent.org/