[openstack-dev] [tripleo][ci] jobs shuffle to add IPv6 coverage

Gabriele Cerami gcerami at redhat.com
Tue Oct 18 12:10:44 UTC 2016

Hello,

after adding coverage in CI for HA IPv6 scenario here
https://review.openstack.org/363674 we wanted to add IPv6 testing on the
gates.
To not use any more resources the first suggestion to add IPv6 to the
gates was to make all HA jobs IPv6, move network isolation testing for
IPv4 on non-ha job, and test non-netiso environment on multinode.
This is almost done here https://review.openstack.org/382515 with one
exception. Liberty HA IPv6 fails during ping test with the error:
503 Service unavailable.
I'm partially able to reproduce the error, in my local test the error
shows, but when I try to issue the same command pingtest uses, it all
works. I tried to add 10 minutes timeout between deployment and start of
the ping test, with no success.
Moreover, swift memecache code in liberty is clearly not IPv6
compatible, it gives an error on the overcloud, not being able to get
host and port from a correctly formed IPv6 URL. To make it compatible
with IPv6 this should be backported https://review.openstack.org/258704

Before continuing the debugging I wanted to be sure that:
- this is an acceptable shuffle for the gates jobs
- we are really interested in testing liberty IPv6

Any feedback would be appreciated.
Thanks.