[openstack-dev] [neutron][stable] support phase transition for stable/* branches

Ihar Hrachyshka ihrachys at redhat.com
Fri Oct 14 13:10:24 UTC 2016

Hi,

a friendly reminder that with the following releases shipped:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/383781/ (mitaka)
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/383789/ (liberty)

we switch support phases for stable branches, as per [1]:

- stable/liberty is now phase III, meaning only CVE fixes are allowed (you
should abandon any other types of patches you see proposed for the branch
with the explanation);
- stable/mitaka moves into phase II, meaning, 'Only critical bugfixes and
security patches are acceptable’, which we traditionally define High+
importance bugs, plus CVEs.

This is true for all neutron stadium projects, including f.e.
networking-sfc or ocatavia, not just openstack/neutron.*

Please keep that info in mind when approving patches for the branches;
otherwise we may need to revert some of them later before next releases.

[1]
http://docs.openstack.org/project-team-guide/stable-branches.html#support-phases

Thanks,
Ihar