[openstack-dev] [all] running non-devstack jobs in Python projects aka "it works outside devstack"

Steve Martinelli s.martinelli at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 03:59:57 UTC 2016

On Thu, Oct 13, 2016 at 10:30 PM, Davanum Srinivas <davanum at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Matt, Emilien,
>
> there's one more option, run jobs daily and add the output to the
> openstack health dashboard.
> example - http://status.openstack.org/openstack-health/#/g/build_
> name/periodic-ironic-py35-with-oslo-master

But that only runs against what is merged on master right? I think Emilien
wants to catch changes that break before they are merged.

Emilien, I think it's also worth noting which projects you intend to make
these changes to? Just "core" projects + projects that tripleO uses (heat +
ironic) + projects that have burned you in the past (OSC)? Or do you plan
on covering all projects?

Finding a balance between not enough testing, and overusing infra resources
is tricky, we should only aim for high value targets like the ones listed
above. I can't imagine this being run on all check jobs everywhere.