[openstack-dev] 答复: Re: [vitrage][aodh] about aodh notifier to create a event alarm

dong.wenjuan at zte.com.cn dong.wenjuan at zte.com.cn
Fri Oct 14 01:18:53 UTC 2016

Hi Ifat,

Got it. Thanks for your reponse.
Is there any record about the discussion between Aodh and Vitrage?

BR,
dwj

"Afek, Ifat (Nokia - IL)" <ifat.afek at nokia.com>
2016-10-13 17:31
请答复 给
"OpenStack Development Mailing List \(not for usage questions\)"
<openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org>

收件人
"OpenStack Development Mailing List (not for usage questions)"
<openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org>
抄送

主题
Re: [openstack-dev] [vitrage][aodh] about aodh notifier to create a event
alarm

Hi dwj,

Thanks for bringing this up.

Aodh notifier plugin inside Vitrage is defined as a POC, and is disabled
by default. We are aware that this integration is not working well, and
its purpose was to demonstrate how it could work and start a discussion
about other possible implementations. I know that in Austin there were
discussions between Aodh and Vitrage teams, and a general agreement that
Vitrage would suggest a design for Aodh custom alarm. Such an alarm could
then be used by Vitrage instead of the event-alarm in a more natural way.

Unfortunately, due to time limitations, we did not get to write the custom
alarm blueprint in Aodh. It is still defined as a high priority in Vitrage
roadmap, and I hope it will happen in Ocata. If you have some free time
you are more than welcome to give a hand :-)

Best Regards,
Ifat.

From: "dong.wenjuan at zte.com.cn"
Date: Thursday, 13 October 2016 at 04:20

Hi vitrages,

In aodh notifier plugin, we receive a ACTIVATE_DEDUCED_ALARM_EVENT and
then create a aodh event alarm.
The event alarm with a `event_rule`, it should be include `event_type` and
`query` which Aodh used to evaluator
a alarm when it receives a specify event to filter with the query to fire
a alarm. see [1]

But we create a event alarm only with `query` in `event_rule`.
The deduced alarm create with the `alarm` state so Aodh will skip to
evaluator the fired alarm.
The `event_rule` seems no necessary in the request body, am I right?
Let me know if i miss something. :)

[1]
https://github.com/openstack/aodh/blob/master/doc/source/event-alarm.rst

BR,
dwj

董文娟   Wenjuan Dong
控制器四部 / 无线产品   Controller Dept Ⅳ. / Wireless Product Operation

上海市浦东新区碧波路889号中兴通讯D3
D3, ZTE, No. 889, Bibo Rd.
T: +86 021 85922    M: +86 13661996389
E: dong.wenjuan at zte.com.cn