[openstack-dev] [tripleo] PTG space request

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Thu Oct 13 11:50:25 UTC 2016

Doug Hellmann wrote:
> Excerpts from Eoghan Glynn's message of 2016-10-13 05:45:59 -0400:
>>> ** The PTG week is split between horizontal team meetings
>>> (Monday/Tuesday) and vertical team meetings (Wednesday-Friday). As we
>>> have more vertical teams than horizontal teams (and the space is the
>>> same size), we /should/ have more flexibility to add horizontal stuff.
>>
>> This split in the PTG week raises an obvious question ...
>>
>> Do we expect the horizontal folks to skip town by mid-week, or to hang
>> around without a home-room in order to talk to the vertical folks who
>> put the "project" in "cross-project"?
>>
>> Conversely, do we expect the vertical teams to turn up on the Monday in
>> order to collaborate with the horizontal teams? (similarly without a
>> project room for the first 2 days?)
>>
> We expect the "horizontal folks" and "vertical teams" to be the same
> people, focusing on different things on different days of the week. We
> *hope* to enable more contributions to horizontal teams as a result.

Yes. We obviously can't force anyone to stay for the whole week when
their main focus is on a specific team. But at least the new format
makes it *possible* for people to get involved in an horizontal effort
(and for members of cross-project efforts to stay around to assist
specific teams).

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)