[openstack-dev] [nova] Propose to add FusionCompute driver to Nova

Zhenyu Zheng zhengzhenyulixi at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 08:02:24 UTC 2016

Hi All,

We would like to propose FusionCompute driver to become an official Nova
driver.

FusionCompute is an computing virtualization software developed by Huawei,
which can provide tuned high-performance and high reliabilities in VM
instance provisioning, clustered resource pool management, and intelligent
HA/FT scheduling.

The concepts and technical details for FusionCompute could be found in:
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/FusionCompute

Huawei has been working on integrating FusionCompute and OpenStack since
Folsom release using Nova-FusionCompute driver. FusionCompute has been
successfully deployed as the hypervisor within Huawei's FusionShpere
Openstack Cloud Operation System solution in large number of commercial
private and public clouds running stable for several years, including:

 *Deutsche Telekom - Open Telekom Cloud*:
 http://www.cebit.de/en/news/open-telekom-cloud-is-live.xhtml
 https://www.telekom.com/media/company/291108
 http://www.huawei.com/en/news/2016/3/dian-xin-yun
 https://cloud.telekom.de/en/cloud-infrastructure/open-telekom-cloud/

 *Telefonica LatAm Public Cloud*:

https://www.business-solutions.telefonica.com/es/information-centre/news/telefonica-and-huawei-reach-a-global-agreement-to-promote-enterprise-migration-to-the-cloud/

http://www.lightreading.com/services/cloud-services/telefonica-and-huawei-debut-latam-public-cloud/d/d-id/726571

https://www.huawei.com/th-TH/news/2016/9/Telefonica-Brazil-Mexico-Chile-Cloud-Serve
 https://www.cloud.telefonica.com/en/

 *Huawei Enterprise Cloud:*
 http://www.hwclouds.com/en-us/

 *China Telecom Public Cloud:*
 http://www.ctyun.cn/
 http://www.ctyun.cn/product/oos_e

 *Other cases can be found in*:
 http://e.huawei.com/en/case-studies?product=Cloud%20Computing

As mentioned above, FusionCompute has been proved to be with high
reliability and large user base, thus we would like to propose
FusionCompute driver to Nova as an official Nova driver.

We have tried to propose this back in 2014, blueprint and discussions can
be found in:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/driver-for-huawei-fusioncompute
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2014-February/026075.html

We have set up the ThirdPartyCI:
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/ThirdPartySystems/Huawei_FusionCompute_CI
and adjusting it to Nova, it will be online very soon.

Thanks

Kevin Zheng