[openstack-dev] Multinode testing with devstack and neutron broken

Matthew Van Dijk mvandijk at tesora.com
Wed Oct 12 16:20:16 UTC 2016

Not much to add here - I commented in review.openstack.org/378063<http://review.openstack.org/378063>
that they could set the default value of the flag to revert behaviour.
- Matt

On Oct 11, 2016, at 10:21 PM, Armando M. <armamig at gmail.com<mailto:armamig at gmail.com>> wrote:

On 11 October 2016 at 18:20, Sean M. Collins <sean at coreitpro.com<mailto:sean at coreitpro.com>> wrote:
Armando M. wrote:
> At this point I feel that changing the pool range is even less justified.
> If I had seen bug [4], I would have been against its fix, because you're
> absolutely right as the change being not backward compatible.

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/356026 was written by someone on the Trove team to
help them with their CI jobs IIRC.

CC'ing Matthew since he has more context. I went into the Trove channel
and asked them about reverting 356026. It doesn't seem like an option at
this point.

http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/irclogs/%23openstack-trove/%23openstack-trove.2016-09-30.log.html#t2016-09-30T17:53:08

A revert with no follow up is clearly not a viable option most of the times, and we clearly dug ourselves too deep now with [1]. Rather than making the use of subnet pools conditional as done in [1], IMO we should have made [2] conditional to preserve the existing provisioning behavior and let Trove override.

[1] Ic89ceca76afda67da5545111972c3348011f294f
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/356026/

--
Sean M. Collins