[openstack-dev] [elections][tc]Thoughts on the TC election process

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Wed Oct 12 09:39:11 UTC 2016

Ed Leafe wrote:
> Why do we need a week to nominate? Open it up a month before the election, and close it a week before. Or open it for two days, and close it a week before. I don’t understand why, other than procrastination, we need such a long period. If you’re serious about serving, throw you hat into the ring.

At every PTL election there are people missing the call, and the noise
on the mailing-list for a full week helps them get the message. I agree
it's slightly less of a problem with the TC election -- although I bet
that some people decide to run after seeing the current mix of proposed
candidates (the "heck, if they can do it, I probably can too" reflex).
Since we use Condorcet, the more candidates the better...

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)