[openstack-dev] [devstack] devstack-plugin additional-pkg-repos: ocata summit working session?

Kashyap Chamarthy kchamart at redhat.com
Wed Oct 12 08:52:25 UTC 2016

On Tue, Oct 11, 2016 at 05:53:24PM +0200, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> On 10/11/2016 02:09 PM, Markus Zoeller wrote:
> > * How to create a "*.deb" package out of the source code of
> > libvirt/qemu? (surprisingly enough, I'm still struggling with this)
>
> What version of libvirt / qemu are you trying to build? libvirt 2.3.0
> was released 6 days ago, and uploaded to Debian unstable 3 days ago. I
> don't think you need to manage the packaging yourself

I think what Markus is talking about is to the ability to produce
packages from arbitrary Git commits to be able to test Nova with certain
new features from libvirt / QEMU which won't be available until a formal
release is pushed out.

Somewhat analogus to the Fedora virt-preview-repository[1]:

    "The Virtualization Preview Repository is for people who would like
    to test the very latest virtualization related packages. This
    repository is intended primarily as an aid to testing / early
    experimentation. It is not intended for 'production' deployment."

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Virtualization_Preview_Repository

[...]

--
/kashyap