[openstack-dev] [devstack] devstack-plugin additional-pkg-repos: ocata summit working session?

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Tue Oct 11 15:53:24 UTC 2016

On 10/11/2016 02:09 PM, Markus Zoeller wrote:
> * How to create a "*.deb" package out of the source code of
> libvirt/qemu? (surprisingly enough, I'm still struggling with this)

What version of libvirt / qemu are you trying to build? libvirt 2.3.0
was released 6 days ago, and uploaded to Debian unstable 3 days ago. I
don't think you need to manage the packaging yourself, but maybe just
backport it to your distribution of choice (Ubuntu?). It is probably the
same for Qemu (Debian unstable has a fairly recent version). If you see
any packaging problem, best would be to deal with it with the package
maintainer (probably best through the Debian BTS).

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)