[openstack-dev] [QA][Cinder]Removing Cinder v1 in Tempest

Jordan Pittier jordan.pittier at scality.com
Tue Oct 11 15:26:24 UTC 2016

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/385050/

> > So make it conditional in Tempest via a config option, disable volume v1
> > tests by default for the integrated gate, and then add a new job that
> runs
> > only on cinder changes (and maybe only in the experimental queue) that
> > enables volume v1 tests. You could run it on cinder in the check/gate and
> > skip the job from running unless something in the v1 API path is changed,
> > there are examples of that in project-config.
> >
> > Nova used to have the v2 API in tree and this was kind of the eventual
> path
> > to phasing out the Tempest testing on that code and got us to the point
> of
> > removing the v2 *code*.  The compute v2 API itself is still honored via
> the
> > v2.1 base microversion.

Yeah that could work. But I'd rather we completely remove the Cinder v1
part in Tempest, I am tired of the "if cinder_v1 is True ... elif cinder_v2
is True ...", not to mention the name vs display name thing. Anyway, that's
not my call.

I understand from Sean and Duncan reply that Cinder v1 is going to live on
for a while, I'll see how we can react to this in Tempest.

<https://www.scality.com/backup/?utm_source=signatures&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=backup2016>