[openstack-dev] Event notification descriptors/schemas (? swagger ?)

Joshua Harlow harlowja at fastmail.com
Mon Oct 10 20:48:21 UTC 2016

Hi folks,

At godaddy we are looking to consume the various events emitted by
[nova, neutron, glance, ...] and for a while we have been having some
python code to handle these and parse them and turn the ones we care
about back into useful objects.

At the current time though we are expanding who is going to be reading
these events and those external services may *not* be written in python
(servicenow for example).

So the question started to be raised of is there a documented
format/schema for the events that are being emitted from <all the
various services> (there seems to be some at
http://docs.openstack.org/developer/nova/notifications.html)?

Is there any repo that can be used to generate a object layer to
translate these 'raw json' events into language specific objects (java,
python, or other)?

Has anyone tried this, any luck with swagger to do this (or something
like it)? Any repository of schemas that is being kept up to date as
event notification versions change and/or are tweaked?

I think I saw that stacktach may have something (though not sure if that
is updated anymore)... Any others folks are aware of?

-Josh