[openstack-dev] [QA][Cinder]Removing Cinder v1 in Tempest

Duncan Thomas duncan.thomas at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 12:47:39 UTC 2016

If we can get them running on cinder patches via a different job, then
removing them from the common job afterwards seems reasonable.

There's no strong will to remove them, several libraries still use them,
and given we're now supporting /all/ other API versions indefinitely,
keeping them around isn't that much of a burden.

On 10 October 2016 at 15:32, Jordan Pittier <jordan.pittier at scality.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
> I'd like to reduce the duration of a full Tempest run and I noticed that
> Cinder tests take a good amount of time (cumulative time 2149sec vs 2256sec
> for Nova, source code [0])
>
> So I'd like to not run the Cinder v1 tests anymore, at least on the master
> branches.
>
> I remember that Cinder  v1 is deprecated (it has been for what, 2 years ?)
> Is the removal scheduled ? I don't see/feel a lot of efforts toward that
> removal but I may be missing something. Any way, that's not really my
> business but it's not really fair to all the projects that run the "common
> jobs" that Cinder "slows" everyone down.
>
> What do you think ?
>
> [0] : https://github.com/JordanP/openstack-snippets/blob/
> master/tempest-timing/tempest_timing.py
>

> <https://www.scality.com/backup/?utm_source=signatures&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=backup2016>