[openstack-dev] [tripleo] Getting the UI to talk with Undercloud API service endpoints

Julie Pichon jpichon at redhat.com
Mon Oct 10 10:16:53 UTC 2016

On 7 October 2016 at 20:30, Dan Sneddon <dsneddon at redhat.com> wrote:
> Do you know how awesome it would be if you put this idea into a Blueprint at
> http://blueprints.launchpad.net? That would be super-awesome.
> File it under tripleo-ui project here if you have a few minutes:
>
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/specs/+new

That does sound awesome! Slight correction: from Ocata the tripleo-ui
blueprints should live in the 'tripleo' Launchpad project as well [1],
the other tracker is/will be deprecated.

Additional thoughts:

Just a note that the UI is currently installed by default on the
undercloud. So this may mean either the undercloud becomes SSL by
default, or that we need to switch the UI to not being installed by
default.

>> Once SSL was enabled on the Undercloud, I made two edits to haproxy.cfg that
>> were pretty straightforward: added a 'listen' server directive for UI to
>> both terminate SSL and forward the request to Apache, and added a 'bind'
>> statement for each service that UI expects to talk to (keystone, heat,
>> ironic, mistral, swift, zaqar-websocket).
>>
>> Once those configuration changes were made, I had a very pleasant experience
>> using the UI. It worked exactly as expected. I think this might be a viable
>> option.
>>
>> Thoughts?

Exciting stuff! Thank you for looking into this and I look forward to
seeing the blueprint. I'm happy to try and give a hand with
implementing/testing the changes to get this done as well.

Thanks,

Julie

[1] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2016-August/101747.html