[openstack-dev] [neutron][networking-vpp]Introducing networking-vpp

Naveen Joy (najoy) najoy at cisco.com
Thu Oct 6 15:58:33 UTC 2016

It's primarliy because we have seen better stability and scalability with etcd over rabbitmq.

Thanks,
Naveen

From: Kevin Benton <kevin at benton.pub<mailto:kevin at benton.pub>>
Date: Wednesday, October 5, 2016 at 3:27 PM
To: openstack-dev <openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org<mailto:openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org>>
Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [neutron][networking-vpp]Introducing networking-vpp

Cool. Always like to see more drivers.

I'm curious about the choice of etcd instead of rabbitmq as the communication mechanism between the mech driver and the agents since it introduces a new dependency into the deployment. Is this because the agent is written to work with other things like Kubernetes, Docker, etc as well?