[openstack-dev] TC candidacy

Joshua Harlow harlowja at fastmail.com
Wed Oct 5 15:57:36 UTC 2016

Flavio Percoco wrote:
> On 03/10/16 23:25 +0100, Chris Dent wrote:
>> On Mon, 3 Oct 2016, Clay Gerrard wrote:
>>
>>> I just re-read your announcement - and I couldn't be happier you're
>>> running
>>> :D
>>
>> a) Glad to hear it.
>>
>> b) It's a shame these email threads didn't start last week. I
>> suspect many of the people reading have already voted. I think the
>> conversations are still valuable, both for the people who haven't
>> voted and to shape future discussions. It's making more things more
>> visible, and that's good.
>
> FWIW, I think it's better to start these discussions when the candidacy
> period
> is over. As a voter, I always ask questions (or read other voter's
> questions
> before casting my vote). This might not be true for everyone, though.
>
> Asking questions during the candidacy period might affect other
> candidates too
> (in a good or bad way), I believe.
>
> That said, I'd like to also thank Clay for asking all the questions this
> time
> around. :D
>
> Flavio

I for one think we should do 'live' televised debates, perhaps on CNN??

Maybe then not televised but in a IRC channel? Or on google hangouts or
zoom (or other similar technology).

The idea seems to work for US presidential candidates so seems like it
could work for the community here to (only sort of kidding).

-Josh