[openstack-dev] [telemetry] Deprecating the Ceilometer API

Yarko Tymciurak yarkot1 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 16:04:58 UTC 2016

On Tue, Oct 4, 2016 at 10:27 AM, Julien Danjou <julien at danjou.info> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Considering the split of Ceilometer in subprojects (Aodh and Panko)
> during those last cycles, and the increasing usage of Gnocchi, I am
> starting to wonder if it makes sense to maintain the legacy Ceilometer
> API.
>
> As of today, it's still barely useful, unusable at large scale, and
> barely maintained.
>
> I've proposed a session¹ about that for the next Barcelona summit, but
> feel free to share your thoughts on this thread before.

Hi,

I think this is inline with what I intuitively suggested at Austin Summit
(ie. about ceilometer doing too much, should be just a queue or transport
channel manager).

I won't be at Barcelona, but would like to participate in the telemetry
sessions, and particularly this one.
Are there plans to enable remote participants (beyond just etherpad),  i.e.
hangouts or skype, or something similar?

Thanks,
Yarko