[openstack-dev] [all][i18n] do we need translation mark for strings in tests?

Akihiro Motoki amotoki at gmail.com
Sat Oct 1 14:48:49 UTC 2016

Hi,

I noticed strings in tests (unit tests or others) have translation marks
(_, _LE and so on).
Do we need translation marks for them?

I don't think so for most cases from various reasons below.
Only exception is to test translations.

>From translators:
- Effort to translate strings in tests leads is meaningless. Such
translations are never used.
- Strings from test code drop the translation percentage.
  The current translation import script checks the translation percentage
  and imports translations with >75% percentage.

>From developers:
- Translation mark is actually unnecessary but developers are requested
  to mark them as translatable. It is annoying.

Thought?

Thanks,
Akihiro