[openstack-dev] Question about OpenStack release model

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Wed Nov 30 11:06:49 UTC 2016

hu.zhijiang at zte.com.cn wrote:
> I'm running a project which is a OpenStack related project currently.
>
> My questions is: Is being part of Big Tent a requirement before a project
> can
> follow one of those 3 release models(cycle-with-milestones,
> cycle-with-intermediary, and cycle-trailing) as described in
> http://docs.openstack.org/project-team-guide/release-management.html
Hi!

Nothing prevents you from following one of those models if they match
your requirements. You can definitely follow the same versioning rules
and release deadlines as OpenStack projects.

Projects that are outside of the Big Tent (and therefore not "OpenStack
projects") just won't be listed on releases.openstack.org (or processed
by the OpenStack release team).

Hope this clarifies,

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)