[openstack-dev] [neutron] broken linuxbridge gate

Armando M. armamig at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 00:05:50 UTC 2016

On 29 November 2016 at 15:46, Armando M. <armamig at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> A recent devstack set of changes [0,1] accidentally broke the linuxbridge
> job in that bridge_mappings are no longer applied correct. To add insult to
> injury, this got applied to both stable and master (with the stable fix
> landing first). See [2,3] for a difference.
>
> This is not the first time we accidentally break the job, therefore I
> would like to suggest that we add it to the devstack check queue. The job
> was is on the experimental queue but it's hardly exercised.
>
> Armando

> [2] http://logs.openstack.org/99/360799/37/check/gate-tempest-
> dsvm-neutron-linuxbridge-ubuntu-xenial/7a8736b/logs/
> etc/neutron/plugins/ml2/ml2_conf.ini.txt.gz
> [3] http://logs.openstack.org/13/397913/8/gate/gate-tempest-
> dsvm-neutron-linuxbridge-ubuntu-xenial/3a7c298/logs/
> etc/neutron/plugins/ml2/ml2_conf.ini.txt.gz

Just to follow up:

I attempted both a revert [1,2] and a possible fix [3,4]. Either way, I
proposed moving the job to the devstack check/gate queue [5].

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/404480/
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/404477/
[3] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/404482/
[4] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/404484/