[openstack-dev] [nova] Status of imagebackend refactor patches

Matthew Booth mbooth at redhat.com
Tue Nov 29 17:48:53 UTC 2016

I'm continuing to work through updating the imagebackend refactor patches.
A bunch of them at the top of the queue already have +2 from jaypipes, who
expressed an interest in getting some of these merged. I think the
following could be ready to go (in order):

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/337159/  libvirt: Rewrite
_test_finish_migration [1]
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/338993/  libvirt: Test disk creation in
test_hard_reboot
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/339114/  libvirt: Cleanup
test_create_configdrive
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/333272/  libvirt: Rename Backend snapshot
and image [2]
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/331115/  libvirt: Never copy a swap disk
during cold migration
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/331118/  libvirt: Don't re-resize disks in
finish_migration() [3]

[1] This has -1 from melwitt, but I don't personally think this issue is
worth a respin. However, she mentioned on IRC that there may be more, so
that could be moot. Anyway, being the top of the queue this is obviously a
blocker.

[2] This doesn't have +2 from jaypipes, although it's uncontroversial and
uncomplicated. Hopefully just an oversight?

[3] This patch removes the function which melwitt identified in [1] lost
some test coverage, which is why I'm hoping not to respin for that.

I'll leave it there for the moment, because I need to talk through the next
patch with ftersin. It looks like it will require a release note at least,
if not a change.

If anybody would like to slog through some of the above and add a second +2
I'd be very grateful. There's plenty more in the queue after those!

Thanks,

Matt
--
Matthew Booth