[openstack-dev] [kolla] Kolla-ansible is available

Joshua Harlow harlowja at fastmail.com
Tue Nov 29 05:48:09 UTC 2016

Jeffrey Zhang wrote:
> ​​
> does
>> anyone
> ​ ​
> has
> an idea to leverage zuul's cross project testing[0] for kolla and
> kolla-ansibe
> gate?
>>

> Here is a use case:
>
> when implementing A service, we need
>
> * add dockerfile in kolla project
> * add ansible role in kolla-ansible project

Just curious, but why is it required to have the above?

If I want to use just the dockerfiles and docker image building and not
the ansible roles why should it be required to have both at the same
time for a new service A?

Why not just allow both the ansible 'code' and the docker files + code
to be created and maintained independently? Of course if people want to
use ansible to manage the docker images, more power to them.

-Josh