[openstack-dev] [all] The Future of OpenStack Needs You

Ildiko Vancsa ildiko.vancsa at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 20:21:09 UTC 2016

Hi All,

I’m reaching out to you because we are looking for people who would like to get involved in the __activities around on boarding and the Upstream training__ we are holding before the Summits.

We had a very successful training before the Barcelona Summit [1] with around 90 attendees during the one and a half days of the course. The training format orients towards a more and more __hands-on practice__ and we are looking for experienced people within the Community to help the new comers understand our processes along with the large code base we have overall and even per project.

To get you more excited I’m happy to say that our mentors had a great time with the students and even they learnt new things based on the feedback so far. :)

We have also started to explore a modular setup for the class which makes it possible to pick up only parts of it at a time in the future. This way we hope to __bring a subset of the modules to local events__ like OpenStack Days and meet-ups around the globe to reach a broader group of possible contributors.

We would like to have You on our team to support this activity and get in touch with possible new members of our Community to make it a good experience for them and for you at the same time to ensure we have people joining who understand our principles from day 1, successful with contributions and stay around after the trainings/sessions.

If you are interested in the details on how you can get involved and help with this activity please reach out to me (ildiko at openstack.org, IRC: ildikov) or Kendall Nelson (knelson at openstack.org, IRC: diablo_rojo). You can also check the current state of the material along with our mission statement on the training web page [2] or join our bi-weekly (even weeks) meetings [3].

Thanks and Best Regards,
Ildikó

[1] http://superuser.openstack.org/articles/openstack-upstream-training-revamp/ <http://superuser.openstack.org/articles/openstack-upstream-training-revamp/>
[2] http://docs.openstack.org/upstream-training/ <http://docs.openstack.org/upstream-training/>