[openstack-dev] [heat][zaqar][telemetry] Subscribing to events

Zane Bitter zbitter at redhat.com
Mon Nov 28 15:57:19 UTC 2016

On 28/10/16 08:32, Julien Danjou wrote:
>> > 2. Content Format
>> >     The info/data forwarded by Aodh is alarm, not the original event. At here,
>> > I assume most of the users would like to see the original event, not the alarm.
> That sounds easy. :)

Not that easy: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/356404/

oslo.messaging data is not supposed to be given out to users, so it has
to be sanitised before you can do so safely. I believe Searchlight has a
way of doing this. Mistral, as you can see from that patch, punted the
problem to the operator.

I'd love to come up with some kind of cross-project approach to this (a
library?). I don't really care where people source their events from,
but if we're maintaining three different ways to do security-critical
access control for data produced independently by all of the different
OpenStack services, then we're headed for certain disaster.

cheers,
Zane.